Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
Based in USA
Who are we?
HilverdaFlorist is a global leading company in breeding, propagating and supplying high-quality young plantmaterial such as Dianthus, Alstroemeria, Gerbera and Limonium. We provide an extensive range of cut flowers, pot and garden plants for every climate and cultivation requirements. We do this with a strong drive and focus on innovation.
Our headquarter is situated in the Netherlands, the heart of the flower industry.
HilverdaFlorist is a specialist in its field and a reliable partner with more than 110 years of experience in the horticulture sector. We have own production facilities in Kenya, Colombia and India and can rely on a broad worldwide network of agents and partners. Our mission is to excel in everything we do. Innovation, Ambition, Partnership and Reliability are our four core values. These values define our work method and strategy.
Are you ready for a new challenge?
To support our Pot & Garden strategy in the USA:
This is a prime opportunity for a self-motivated and driven individual who is hungry for a challenge.
- Create, develop and implement sales strategies together with our Commercial Director and Area Sales Manager USA, both based in The Netherlands.
- Create, safeguard and maintain a close relationship with growers, brokers and rooting stations throughout the USA.
- Fine-tune and increase efficiency in the supply chain.
- Observe and collect market developments, and communicate those to the headquarter in The Netherlands.
- Manage and follow up on trials of new genetics at growers and university trials.
- Promote new genetics on shows and events;
- Early Home Depot Trials and first look presentations.
- Lowes meeting/Costa Season premier
- CAST (California Spring Trials)
- Cultivate Ohio
- Travel to Europe approx. 2-3 times per year to learn about the new genetics for upcoming seasons.
- Domestic travel entails about 35% – 50% of the position.
- You are result- and customer minded, have a great sense of responsibility
combined with independence and drive.
- You are a self-starter, motivated by achieving results focusing on continuous improvement.
- You have a strategic mind-set, strong in negotiations and persuading potential customers.
- You are able to work structured and systematic and eager to learn.
- You are entrepreneurial, proactive and an excellent team player.
- You have preferably a horticultural background with at least 5 years of professional experience in Horticultural business USA.
- Additional languages other than English, such as Spanish would be beneficial.
- Possibility to work out of home office.
Please Note: HilverdaFlorist does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting/staffing firms unless specifically requested by Human Resources.